There’s a sweet spot between cigars that are bland and those that blow you away in a bad way. They’re called medium cigars, and there are some fantastic offerings on the market.
Medium-flavored cigars offer tasty helpings of flavor without setting your taste buds on fire.
If you’re looking for great choices, here are five top medium cigars that are highly rated.
1. Romeo y Julieta Reserve Maduro: The maduro is a Connecticut broadleaf with outstanding smokability. It’s rich in flavor and a delight to look at too. Inside, you’ll discover a choice blend of Nicaraguan, Peruvian and Dominican long fillers that combine to deliver notes of cedar, vanilla and cocoa highlighted by a sweet and woody finish.
2. Padrón 1964 Anniversary: While many Padrón cigars are absolutely powerhouses, these are not. You’ll enjoy lots of tasty flavor with rich, hearty doses of leather, cedar and nuts.
3. Perdomo Lot 23: These are very smooth cigars wrapped in a select Ecuadorian wrapper grown from Cuban seed. The fillers are grown in Estelí, Nicaragua and fermented for 12 months. The overall body is medium to strong and the flavor is a solid medium, especially in the maduro wrapper.
4. Carlos Torano 1916 Cameroon: There’s excellence balance in this cigar. You’ll enjoy generous helpings of pepper, nuts and caramel notes too. The Cameroon wrapper is a beauty and very, very tasty.
5. Rocky Patel Vintage 1992 Sumatra: The tobaccos in this rich blend are aged for eight years before rolled into a 10-year Ecuadorian Sumatra wrapper that is the perfect finishing touch. The fillers are Dominican and Nicaraguan long filler tobaccos that deliver a very smooth blend.